Monday, May 31, 2010

The weekend that was.

You know when you're really really excited about something you've just remembered about? Well, no longer than 20 minutes ago I saw that I had recorded a Sneak Peak of Sex And The City 2 with SJP on Foxtel...you gotta love technology when you can record TV! Anyway, I got so excited and pressed Play straight away. My house is pretty boring, there's not much to do other than use the net or watch TV, and even with Foxtel, sometimes there's NOTHING on, so I was happy that for the next 20 minutes I will be occupied.



Well I started watching and there was a Red Carpet event, so I just assumed that Sarah Jessica Parker would soon walk down it, with a stunning dress, looking lovely and maybe even the others would join her too. I waited and I waited; And then, I waited even more. But Sarah Jessica Parker did not walk down in a stunning dress. She didn't even walk down in a dress I wouldn't be caught dead it. She just didn't turn up. The other three didn't either. What a let down.



I'm a bit tired this week. Friday night I had dinner at my brother and his wifes house. I'm pretty picky with food, like extremely picky. I don't like many vegetables. I don't eat cake. I hate Ice-cream. My soup has to be strained like I'm 5 years old because I can't - or maybe it's that I won't - eat lumpy soup. There I was sitting on the couch, chatting to all and eating the cheese and biscuits - and - my favourite snack...CABANA when I saw it. The Octopus.


I took this photo when I decided I would try it (I didn't pick it up and put it back. I'm hygienic!) but it did take me awhile to decide whether I would try it or not. I was contemplating forever. I was a little bit scared. There was a little girl there who wanted to pick one up so I told her it was yucky and she changed her mind and had a biscuit. Then she kept pointing at it saying "yucky" every five minutes. She was so cute. You should have seen her face when I picked it up. She said "yucky! yucky! put it in bin!" But I ate it. It was really salty. and tasted a lot like I'd fallen off my surfboard and swallowed water from the ocean. It was really chewy and I can officially say I've eaten an octopus, but I can also put it on the record that once is enough.

After that, I ate my dinner and played cars and play dough with the little babies who all were gorgeous and drank probably a bit to much and then decided I'd go to my friend Maki's house because he was having a little get together. But because I'd drank a bit too much, I went to his parents house and he hasn't lived there for a year. He lives with Jade so combine drinking a little and hearing "Maki's house" and not "Jade's house" which I'd normally hear plus my slow mind (ha ha) I got a little confused but in the end I ended up at Maki's (and Jade and Hayden's) and had another drink and was happy again. Oh, btw, just so you know, I didn't knock on Maki's parents front door, but...I wasn't far off it.

The next night was Trav's birthday and we went to James Squire, which I love... and I was a little bit dissapointed as was Trav because Collingwood got beaten. Michelle was dissapointed too, but not about the footy - she doesn't really care at all for footy - but because the boys were telling her she should get a beer so when we went to the bar, I said "You'd probably like the Golden Ale" So, Mich trusted me and I let her down, because upon her first sip she was almost ready to spit it out. She didn't though. She just had a look of disgust. BUT, she's wonderful because she kept drinking it. It took her near 2 hours, but she finished it.

After they called last drinks at JS, we went to Ding Dong, which I've never been to, at the time I was waiting in line, a guy came down the stairs and told my friend Courtney, that we should all use "Big Johnny's guestl ist" So the people who didn't already have a stamp got to use his list. Thanks Big Johnny, whoever you are. The music really surprised me because as much as I like the music the posse listen to, I don't really know it that much. But at Ding Dong, it played oldies music and I had a good time. My knee got sore by the end of it. So Jade and I got a lift with Courtney and Leanne and got home about 2. I think. Apparently Mich and the boys got home a lot later than that. I don't think I would have survived!

It's Monday night at only 9.20pm. I'm tired and my eyes are stinging, that means I've had a good weekend, but I've got to go to bed! Night everyone!

1 comment:

  1. i will never drink beer again!! certainly not a whole one. i just dont like it seona, any more than you like coffee or chocolate or when collingwood lose at the football :P

    ReplyDelete