Monday, July 26, 2010

The last couple a months you've missed

Hi! Wow, I have been so busy doing not much else but work, I forgot I had a blog. In the two months I've been awol, I've redesigned my room, had a birthday, been to Sydney, and cried a whole lot from TV shows slash movies.

First, my room. I got a new bed, which is real comfy and I got new shelving, which makes the mess in my room look a whole lot neater. Since I had a birthday I thought I'd grow up a bit (ha ha, that may never actually happen) and I took all my photos down from my room. There is nothing left but a few photo frames and white walls. The photos were old anyway, and needed to be updated, but I decided, after having found the digital photo frame I got from a couple of friends for my 21st, that I would update the photos on that, instead of printing out the MILLION OR 2, that I have on my computer.

The reason I got my new bed was because I was born 24 years ago. It was a birthday present from My parents and my sister. I didn't think they could forget my birthday if they tried. I kept reminding them and telling them what I wanted. Mum forgot my birthday! But I quickly reminded her and all was good again. The kids I work with loved that it was my birthday, I think they were more excited than me. It made me very happy. On the night, I went to an Irish Pub, because, well I love Ireland. So, I'd like to thank Claud, who, even overseas, was the first to txt a happy birthday msg to me. Thanks also to Courtney, who organised the Pub night and invited my friends, and thanks to my friends who came. And thanks, Megan - aka wifey, for introducing me to the Irishmen, who was pretty cute and claimed to be from Zimbabwe. There are a couple of hours I've forgotten and only remember vaguely because of photographic evidence, but it was a fun night none the less.

Collingwood are on top of the ladder, and I'm so darn excited it's not funny. I've been to more games than ever this year and think I may actually invest in a membership next year. It's such fun going and watching a game. Except this winter it is freezing and I don't think I put enough warm clothes on. I will have to also invest in some nice warm clothes. I went to Sydney with Mel to see the Pies v Swans, and I was ecstatic that we came out on top, but felt a bit sad for Mel, who travelled with me, especially to see Sydney at their home ground. But, it was fun after the game and we ended up staying out until 6am, at....another Irish Pub.

Last, but not least. So, there's been a craze going on. It includes Vampires, a boy named Edward, a girl named bella and little bit of a love story. Now, I watched the movie, perhaps made the mistake of watching it before I read the book, but I didn't really love it. In fact, when I tried reading the book, I wondered why anyone would think this would be interesting. I mean, it's so slow and the details are too many, can't you just get into the story? So, my friends have read it, watched it, loved it and talked it. And, I always stayed out of the conversation, only piping up with "Edward looks yuck, he's too white" to which most would reply with "he's a vampire, he's supposed to be." and then I shut up again. Anyway, so Jade, who, even herself thought she wouldn't jump on the bandwagon, did and I was left on my lonesome and joined the "we hate twilight club" on facebook. But, then the conversations continued. And I finally realized how people felt when I would talk about Big Brother. (shut up...I'm sick of this conversation.... ;) ) And then, I realised, I need to get on the bandwagon, well, not totally on it, like comfortably sitting on the wagon. But moreso, holding on to the edge of it. Not quite loving, but not hating either. And, then Sarah came back home for a holiday and she wanted to see the third movie, and that gave me the incentive to actually do it. So I watched the second movie, and may even try to read the books again.

More importantly we are going out for dinner tomorrow night and then it's off to the movies to see it. I know it will be fun because my friends are fun, and I can't wait to catch up for the second time with Sarah (who is awesome and I'm so glad she's back for a little bit :) )and I'm even a little bit intrigued to see what happens next in New Moon, or Eclispe....which one is it? ..... I'll just say the Twilight Saga.

Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. awww i check your blog every now and then, but got the greatest surprise when you had written something! no problem for introducing you to the diddley dee potato irishman, any time! loved your room btw, good luck with twilight (i agree with you, he is too pale, but i'm not jumping on the jacob bandwagon either! if i had to choose it'd probably be jacob).

    ReplyDelete