Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Back...

I know it's been awhile and I've been MIA
I trust with this comeback - that I am here to stay,
I've been a little busy, things haven't stopped i swear 
I'll tell you all about it, in the hopes that you might care!
With excursions, sleep overs and a disco, work was pretty crazed
Especially when the subject of my dance skills, by one small kid was raised
She said I couldn't dance and 'stop please' was her request
So I quickly stopped my dancing, because I thought it best!
Another told me they didn't like the shoes that I had on my feet
And asked me kindly, 'please, miss, don't wear them next week!'
Then came my holidays and to a house I went away
With my friends affectionately called 'the posse' for Michelle's birthday!
There, time was spent watching Collingwood on the TV
Them beating Geelong made a very happy me!
We played football inside, I speccied Maki
I didnt hurt my leg, that time I was very lucky!
There are some photos that only the girls can see
So far it's only been, Mel, Jade...and me
When I came home, to a friends house I would drive
When two trucks took up the whole road - 'WTF do I do?' I would cry!
Then came the first grand final - with Collingwood winning at the start
Then from behind came St Kilda, they played pretty smart..
I cried, I screamed, I went silent and sad 
When I realized we drew - oh my god it was so bad! 
So the next week came, and we were back at the G
Again I was excited, I hoped Dale Thomas would kill it for me! 
Harry o, what a legend I really must say
Swan, too came out fighting hard that day!
I felt excited, I felt sick, I felt proud and happy
Just like mick malthouse and Eddie would be!
For this year, after the first grandfinal - and another the next week again
Collingwood became the premiers of 2010! 
Then I went back to work - tired from all the celebrations
Of collingwoods win, with friends and relations!
But I plowed on,
Knowing it wasn't long
Till I'd be with John farnham singing his song!
A day on the green, I counted the days
I was so bloody excited in so many ways!
I met Vika and Linda, they sang really well
They told me they knew someone named Seona, who spelt it like me as well!
When we said goodbye, they waved us away
Told us not to get 'too pissed' and to have a good day,
We waited for Johnny F, with wine and a little food
We were both in good spirits and really good moods! 
After Kate Ceberano, John Farnham came on
He sang 'you're the voice' and we sang along!
As he said goodnight, and we left toward the bus
There was a little hill and people in a rush
It was muddy from rain and with my dodgy knee
It was only ever going to happen TO ME
Down I went I fell pretty fast
I was pretty embarrassed I fell on my ass!
I quickly got up and walked the rest of the way, 
To the bus with Courtney as we said goodnight to the day.
In the morning I woke, what a pain I could feel
As the memories flushed back, oh the fall was so real.
Ouch, I cringed, every time I tried to walk
And I winced to myself when I tried to talk!
My leg it was swollen damn thing it hurt too
And if that wasn't enough I had to walk to the loo!
And then, just to top it, our bad luck weekend
Courtney's car wouldn't start, oh my poor, poor dear friend!
And I sat their in pain, as she called the RACV
Only to be told she's not a member and it's too hard to be 
So she called her dad who promised to come,
And we sat in the restaurant and watched the waiter run
And everytime I moved I was sad and I was sore
But sorry for Courtney, I was that and more! 
Victor was nice, kept checking on me
Telling me I was lovely, and so was Courtney!
Finally we were on our way - I needed to eat, so I found
But I couldn't walk so we got KFC when we were home bound!
Finally I got home - and straight to bed i went
Even though I was sore, a fabulous weekend was spent!!
And for now, a week later, my back is still sore
It's been hard to walk and I can't sit too long anymore
But John Farnham was worth it, it was so much Fun
Even though when I'm walking it hurts my bum! 
And that's all I've got, until next time
I hope I don't fall over, if someones luck changes, god please, let it be MiNE! 

2 comments:

  1. awesome seona, i love your poems! so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an epic poem! worth the wait seona, worth the wait :)

    ReplyDelete